The Roofmeadow Network: The Green Roof Credential Based on Experience and Performance
We proudly maintain a nationwide Network of the best, most experienced and motivated green roof installers in the country. Roofmeadow Network contractors pay a modest annual license fee in exchange for Roofmeadow’s lead development, marketing, bid support, training, warranty program, maintenance management, and project promotion. Off the roofs, Roofmeadow provides cutting edge information and training on green roof technology and industry trends through regular webinars and a bi-annual meeting.
How is Roofmeadow Unique?
Roofmeadow is a green roof civil engineering firm with expertise in civil engineering, water resource management, landscape architecture and horticulture. With field-tested, comprehensive design capabilities, we can provide complete green roof construction specifications and details. We also manage installations and maintenance and warrant performance – for the long term. We are not a design/build firm – we are a Design/Manage/Warrant firm teaming with you to build high performance green roofs that are “Engineered to Endure, Proven to Perform, and Guaranteed to Last.”
What don’t we do? We are not manufacturers or distributors of green roof components. Roofmeadow Network Contractors utilize the high quality components certified by Roofmeadow and backed by over a decade of our experience, researching and testing (conducted in our facility). Third party independent labs perform assessments as required by the green roof ASTM and FLL standards. Network Contractors purchase directly from distributors with no Roofmeadow markup; therefore your bids are more competitive. We will warrant all components that we certify and all workmanship that we oversee.
Roofmeadow leads industry research and standards development initiatives, including stormwater management performance analyses, rainwater harvesting, energy modeling, wind scour and uplift management, and plant viability studies. Roofmeadow proactively contributes to the effort to nurture a mature and healthy U.S. green roof market. We believe that high standards are the key to high performing green roofs.
How Roofmeadow Can Work With You
We will work with you through the lifecycle of a green roof – from lead generation to green roof installation estimating to bidding, mobilization and installation guidance to maintenance management. Roofmeadow prepares all green roof submittals; provides quality assurance and training on the roof, and warrants the final product. In exchange, Roofmeadow earns a per square foot site fee for each green roof it warrants that is installed by a Network contractor.
The following Roofmeadow services are available only to our Licensed Network Contractors:
Lead Generation & Marketing
- Exclusive access to a searchable on-line database of more than 1,500 green roof leads nationally, updated weekly
- Green roof marketing campaign promoting the Roofmeadow Network Contractors
- Promotion of selected green roof projects and the installing Network contractor on the Roofmeadow website
- Post-construction project promotion program
Priority bidding on Roofmeadow-designed projects
Access to our on-line Roofmeadow Bid Room, which includes selected project bid package documents, the Roofmeadow Project Estimation Spreadsheet, the Roofmeadow Bidding Scope/Logistics Memo, Proposal Cover Letter and a listing of Roofmeadow-certified components and distributors
Material and plant sourcing, as needed
Material discounts, as applicable
Requests for substitutions/clarifications
Value-engineering and re-designs with associated justifications, as needed
Pre-bid meeting attendance, as needed
Post-bid lobbying, as appropriate
- Submittal preparation
- Roofmeadow Implementation Memo (with a full construction sequence), as needed
- Shop drawings preparation
- Drain conduit layouts
- Plant layouts, as needed
- Pre-construction mobilization and trade coordination support
- Value engineering and re-designs with appropriate justifications, as needed
- Request for Information support
- Formal Waterproofing Acceptance Report
- Roofmeadow Fall Safety Program training
- Construction oversight to assure installation complies with Roofmeadow warranty guidelines
- Standard Roofmeadow Guidelines for waterproofing protection, ballasting, and planting
- Change Order support
- Technical troubleshooting (both onsite and offsite)*
- Documentation and negotiation of warranty exclusion issues, as applicable
*Roofmeadow remains accountable for troubleshooting decisions it makes.
Warranties and Maintenance
- 10, 15, and 20 Warranties, including Single-Source Warranties with selected waterproofing manufacturers
- A project-specific Roofmeadow Maintenance Plan and management of the green roof maintenance schedule and requirements
- Soil test and Maintenance Report Interpretation
- Maintenance trouble-shooting and ad hoc support
How do I become a Licensed Roofmeadow Contractor?
- Roofmeadow is always looking for well-qualified landscape contracting firms to be a part of our Network. To see if we are currently looking for firms in your area, visit our Network Recruiting page.
- Download a Roofmeadow Network Contractor Application.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-247-8784.